Amazon Quicksight Overview
Amazon QuickSight is an analytics service that provides fast business insights from your data. Using Quicksight, you can connect your Fused Database to run joins quickly and build visualizations easily.
Using Quicksight with your Fused Database
Your Fused Database is a normalized database of all objects, consolidated, de-duplicated and connected from multiple of your SaaS applications.
You can connect your Fused Database to your Metabase account in a couple clicks by choosing to connecting a MySQL database and then plugging in your Warehouse Keys.
Here you see the fused objects in your database, including:
- Activity / Task
For example, if you were looking to answer support-related questions, with your Fused Database it's easy to answer:
- What are the average number of tickets per account per month?
- What are the Company and Contact properties for each ticket profile?
- What is your combined Satisfaction Rating?
- What is the average number of tickets or conversations for a new contact?
Alternatively, you might be concerned with answering marketing-related questions, such as:
- How much have you invested in targeting a specific account?
- How many interactions did it take with an account before they became a customer?
- What is the optimal sequence of interactions to most effectively acquire a new customer?
Fusion lets you do all of the above and more by allowing you to access many tables from different databases, very simply.
Based on the connectors you've selected, for instance, you could query and visualize all your Company and Opportunity data by just selecting Company, Company_Opportunity_Links, and Opportunity when you choose your tables in in Amazon Quicksight.
Running an Inner Join on the Company, Company_Opportunity, and Opportunity tables will give you access in Quicksight to de-duplicated, up-to-date data which you can visualize in multiple ways (e.g. pie charts, scatterplots, histograms, etc.).
In other words, by joining these three tables we are accessing the fused records, which has saved us a ton of time by automating the process of data ingestion and prep. Here, for example, we've taken all the data from our cloud applications and instantly analyzed the opportunities by company.
Because QuickSight supports up to 20 data sets in a single analysis, and up to 20 visuals in a single analysis, you might consider importing data into SPICE to improve the performance of your Fused Database.
Getting started with Fusion is easy. It takes just four steps:
1. Connect Your Data Sources. Connect your data from SaaS applications such as Marketo, HubSpot, Salesforce and NetSuite. In just a few clicks.
2. Fuse Your Data. Automate data matching, de-duplicating, resolving data conflicts and modeling object relationships for more real-time reporting and dashboards.
3. Warehouse Your Data Instantly. Automatically access and query your database via a cloud data warehouse.
4. Feed Analytics & BI tools. Enter your Warehouse Keys into your analytics platform and feed your favorite BI tools or dashboards -- including Tableau, Microsoft PowerBI, Amazon QuickSight, MetaBase, and more.