Bedrock Data now offers pre-built integrations for Autotask with marketing systems such as HubSpot and Infusionsoft. Simply install the connectors, map fields, create workflows, and you can begin syncing data between systems - assisted by our 30-day on-boarding process. As new data records (leads/contacts, companies, opportunities) are created, they are connected to any pre-existing records in the paired system, ensuring no duplicates are created and that, as records update, they remain aligned across both systems.
Overview of the Autotask Integration
Other key aspects of the Autotask integration include:
- Bi-directional creation of leads/contacts between both systems
- Email address used as unique identifier, so existing leads/contacts are updated (no duplicates)
- Via Bedrock Data interface, you control rules (e.g. field triggers) for when records get created
- Custom fields between systems Sync account & contact data from Autotask to marketing system, for in campaign targeting
- Sync opportunity data from Autotask to marketing system, for use in HubSpot reporting
Support for Autotask 1.6 Endpoint
Currently, Bedrock supports the Autotask 1.5 endpoint. However, as Autotask will soon upgrade this version of their API to 1.6 for security improvements and changes to tracking ID’s, Bedrock will support the API upgrade once the 1.6 endpoint is ready.
Autotask API Call Threshold
Autotask’s API threshold is quite generous — 10,000 calls per hour per customer database. That said, if you’re running multiple high usage integrations or one integration that is calling the API on multiple threads, you can still hit or surpass the threshold, at which point the API service will be temporarily suspended and an error message generated. This is because, on receipt of a request, the API will check the number of requests received for that database in the preceding 60 minutes.
If you think you'll be at risk for hitting that threshold, you can always set up your own type of throttling via a getThresholdAndUsageInfo() call and/or a getZoneInfo() call (e.g. WW3, WW5) associated with your username. Note that Autotask has given Bedrock a token for API calls so they can track where the calls are coming from. For more details on Autotask rules and entities, visit the Autotask Web Services API.
The specific entities Bedrock can map within Autotask are:
- Type - a sub-object, such as an Account Type or Work Type, in Autotask.
- Account - describes an Autotask Account, or a company or organization that you do business with, managed through the CRM or Directory module.
- Opportunity - a forecasted piece of business, i.e. an identifiable prospect that needs a product or service and offers a potential sale, project, or contract. Autotask Opportunities allow you to describe the amount, due date, and probability of expected sales revenue from an opportunity, track the progress of the opportunity, and generate sales forecasts. You can track Opportunities for all account types and track multiple opportunities for each account.
- Contact - a person associated with a Company / Account.
- Resource - any employees, contractors, or consultants with access to a company's Autotask system. Bedrock refers to an Autotask Resource as the Owner.
- Task - (activity object) Task is a project module element, meaning you can create tasks within an Autotask project.
- Ticket - a standalone object in Autotask that can be put in queues or resources. You can work on a ticket or a project so that when an opportunity is won, you can create a sales ticket that says there are line items within the project. Once the opportunity is won and there is a ticket associated, the ticket will show up when syncing the opportunity back to a system like HubSpot or Infusionsoft.
Field Mappings in the Bedrock Data Portal
More concretely, these objects would manifest as field mappings between systems. Below, for example, you can see Autotask and HubSpot field mappings for the Company object.
Clicking on the City field would then show us the objects in HubSpot and Autotask respectively.
Workflows are a sync operation. Once you’ve installed Autotask, HubSpot, and/or Infusionsoft, you would then set up your Field Mappings and establish rules for when records are allowed to sync from one system to another.
All Bedrock portals start out with a Default Workflow in place that has a condition that allows for any and all records to sync across both systems. Still, you may set up as many custom workflow conditions and actions as you wish.
The cost of the integration is a monthly fee, which covers the on-boarding setup assistance, the ongoing sync, our web-based software to manage the integration (e.g. add field mappings, adjust sync rules) and support. Our team will work closely with you to configure the Autotask integration over the course of ~30 days.